The Australian Industry and Defence Network Incorporated (AIDN) NSW, Hunter Defence and Goal Group have teamed to deliver a seminar for businesses that are seeking opportunities in the Defence market.
The seminar, Defence Tendering 101, will be delivered by an exceptionally experienced presenter with over two decades of front-line Defence tendering and project implementation experience in Australia’s Defence Industry. The seminar provides valuable information to help aspiring businesses prepare for their first Defence tender or new information to help further develop their current tendering processes.
This seminar will cover:
• Developing the Project Capture Plan – including stakeholder map and engagement plan, competitor analysis, Key Issues Analysis and Win Themes;
• Essential elements of an ASDEFCON tender response;
• Developing the Tender Response Timeline/Process including reviews;
• Understanding the necessary positions in a tender team – including Bid Director, Solution Architect, Bid Manager, Book Manager;
• Understanding how long it will take to develop each response, the size of the team required, and the likely cost – a shoestring budget will waste your time and whatever money you do spend;
• Development of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Dictionary for the project being tendered – and the What, Why, When, Who and How for each Work Element
• Traps in responses – the ‘Bid Diamond’, lack of ‘Proofs’, focusing on yourselves rather than the customer;
• Compliance to the Conditions of Contract, Statement of Work and Functional Performance Specification/s (for Acquisition projects);
• Matching responses to the Assessment Criteria;
• How to write a compelling Executive Summary; and,
• Cost Estimating and Pricing the response – ‘Open Book’ and cost investigation.
This seminar will be held at the HunterNet Offices, 755 Hunter St, Newcastle West, on Mon 02 December 2019.
Staged by AIDN NSW & Hunter Defence
Delivered by Goal Group
AIDN NSW is the NSW chapter of the ‘Not-for-Profit’ organisation the Australian Industry & Defence Network Incorporated (AIDN), which is the national industry association for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) wishing to do business in the defence and security sectors.
The Hunter Defence Task Force represents the interests of existing and potential participants in the defence industry, focussing on demonstrating the capability of established Hunter defence industry suppliers to government and prime contractors, as well as upskilling local SMEs to become defence ready.
This seminar will be delivered by Goal Group, a unique Consulting & Training Alliance of Small to Medium Enterprises.