Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)
rsms - SUBCLASS 187
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) enables employers in Regional or low population growth areas of Australia to sponsor skilled overseas workers for permanent residence. This is to assist employers in instances where they have been unable to fill vacant positions with Australian citizens or permanent residents living in or wishing to move to the regional area where the nominated position is located.
RDA Hunter acts as a Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for RSMS Direct Entry employer nomination applications Subclass 187. This stream and be used by an employer to nominate an applicant to fill a position that is:
- be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia within an occupation classified as a skill level 1 to 3 by the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
- be under 45 years of age (exemptions may apply)
- meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements (important: a skills assessment will be required for all nominated occupations for all applications lodged on or after 1 July 2018.)
The regional areas located under RDA Hunter certification are list by post code below:
- 2311 – 2312
- 2328 – 2339
- 2420 – 2428
RDA Hunter charges a fee of $675 for regular service or $990 for expedited service per approved application.
Expedited processing can be completed within two weeks from receipt of applications and full payment provided ALL required documents are included.
- Employer or Migration Agent sends completed 1404 form and relevant documentation for assessment (details outlined in RCB Checklist) electronically via email@example.com.
- If relevant, Migration Agent to include a completed 956 form with application.
- RDA Hunter sends a confirmation once an application has been received and issues an invoice via email. Upon receipt of an invoice payment can be made via direct deposit.
Please note: RDA Hunter’s Accountant will issue invoices on a fortnightly basis. Receipt of invoice may vary depending on application received confirmation and invoice cycle.
- RDA Hunter assesses the application against the 3 criteria outlined by the Department of Home Affairs.
- On completion of assessment RDA Hunter provides advice to both Department of Home Affairs and the employer and/or migration agent as to if the application satisfies the 3 essential criteria and sends an electronic copy of the 1404 form to nominee employer and the Department.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS & INFORMATION REQUIRED
The following must occur for the nomination to be assessed:
- Completed 1404 Form.
RSMS RCB Form 1404
- Payment of $675 (incl. GST) non-refundable service fee.
- Completed RDA Hunter RCB Checklist. Please mark against criteria with evidence included in application.
Please note: This document is a GUIDE ONLY of the types of evidence that should be included for a RSMS application. Further evidence may be required where necessary and assessment is not restricted to the documentation below. The onus is on the employer to provide adequate information for the RCB to assess the nomination.
- Application submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location of employment situated in RDA Hunter’s regional area range.
APPLICATION CRITERIA & EVIDENCE REQUIRED
- Evidence the employer has determined the AMSR
- Evidence the overseas worker will not be paid less than this amount (i.e. less than what an Australian worker would be paid)
- Both the AMSR and what the overseas worker will be paid, excluding any non-monetary benefits in both cases, must be no less than the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT)
- Detailed organisational chart
- Must include number of Australian citizen’s, Permanent Resident’s or temporary visa holders.
- Position description
- Must highlight how the position is consistent with the ongoing needs of the business.
- Evidence that the position previously existed
Must explain how the position became available (e.g. Occupied by a temporary resident or vacant through attrition).
- Evidence the nominated position is under the direct control of the nominator
- Evidence the nominator directly operates the business in which the nominated position exists
Additional requirements for diversifying and start-up business (operating less than 12 months)
- Business plan
Must include financial budgets, highlighting expenses and anticipated revenues
- Evidence of market research
- Evidence of availability of funds
Including own funds, loans and bank accounts
- Evidence of purchase and plant equipment
3. The position cannot be filled by an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident who is living in, or would move to, the local area concerned;
- Completed domestic summary recruitment form
- Copies of original advertisement and receipts of recruitment effort
- Responses to the advertisement
Please note: The Department of Home Affairs has insisted we do not request nor accept resumes and personal information of other individuals. To do so would exceed our roles as RCBs and I refer you to the migration regulation 5.19(4)(h)(ii)(F) for confirmation.
- Explanation why the nominated applicant was chosen
- Advertisements must be placed on the Government Website, Job Search, for a minimum of two weeks www.jobsearch.gov.au
RSMS RCB Checklist (466 KB)
RSMS 1404 Form (125 KB)
RSMS 956 Form (124 KB)
Department of Home Affairs Website